There are many ways to show your support for UMCC.
- A gift of cash — In this way, you can benefit not only from the good that will be done from your gift but also through current income tax savings. At the right please find our address as well as a link to make online donations.
- A gift of appreciated assets — Contributing such items as stock owned for longer than one year allows you to receive a charitable deduction equal to the current value of the assets while avoiding capital gains taxes. Contact your broker and ask that the stock be transferred to UMCC at:
DTC# 0164, Code 40, Account# 3910-0956.
Please let us know the transfer is underway.
- A gift through your will — You may wish to consider including United Mid-Coast Charities in your will or living trust. In this way, a fixed amount, specific asset or percentage of your estate may be set aside as bequests and qualify for estate deductions.
- A gift made through a charitable trust or annuity — Creating a charitable trust or annuity provides life income for yourself and/or others. With all or a portion of your gift eventually directed to UMCC, you could receive a charitable deduction.
- Contributions through Payroll Deduction — Someone said that payroll deduction is like Novocain: it’s painless! To begin a plan, someone from UMCC will visit with management and employees of a company to explain the program. With management’s permission, enrollment forms are handed out and the amount of deduction is indicated and form signed. That’s all. The individual may designate his/her contribution for a specific agency or indicate that the contribution is for the General Fund. UMCC will acknowledge all contributions.
- Contributions to our Endowment are most welcome. One of the many important principles established by UMCC’s founders was that 100% of all funds donated to UMCC is 100% distributed. Our Endowment pays for our modest expenses, so we can continue with this very important principle. To contribute to the Endowment, simply indicate your wishes in your donation correspondence.
Photo: Director Carole Martin presents grant to Don Carpenter, President of Trekkers.
"A small group of thoughtful
people could change the world.
Indeed, it's the only thing
that ever has."
~ Margaret Mead
Please click the red DONATE button above to use our secure online donation form or you may send your tax-deductible contributions to:
United Mid-Coast Charities
21 Elm Street
P.O. Box 205
Camden, ME 04843
Click here to see what your donated dollar will pay for!