UMC Executive Director Search
Dedicated to energizing Midcoast Maine nonprofits through finance and guidance, United Midcoast Charites
(UMC) is looking for a results‐driven professional to lead and continue to grow the organization.
Reporting directly to the board president, our Executive Director is the chief executive and administrative
officer. They are a visionary and strategic leader who provides day‐to‐day management, planning and
implementation of the organizations’ mission, with a specific emphasis on fundraising to ensure the success
of UMC’s grant making program.
Our Potential Candidate
The ideal candidate is an experienced non‐profit executive with proven leadership ability, strong marketing
and technology skills and a record of success with philanthropy. The individual enthusiastically conveys
passion for the organization’s mission, is a comfortable public speaker/presenter and has excellent verbal and
written communication skills.
Background, Skills & Experience
• A minimum of three years of senior level nonprofit organization experience.
• Success as a leader overseeing organization, program or foundation operations.
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with staff, community partners, volunteers, and
• Successful resource development, fundraising and philanthropy experience.
• Solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting and financial management.
• Extensive experience in leading and implementing ongoing strategic planning.
• Proven excellence in public speaking/public relations and marketing – and adept at using all channels,
including website & social media, to promote the organization’s work.
• Identify, cultivate and solicit major and planned gifts
• Further develop and maintain positive relationships with foundations, corporations, individuals and
community organizations to bolster the organization’s overall success and gain financial support for
UMC’s mission & programs
• Effectively plan and implement direct mail appeals per year in conjunction with board committees
• Develop & monitor the Budget to reach strategic goals
• Supervise/manage all day to day activities of the organization including office space, financial systems
& records and personnel through which the above functions are achieved
United Midcoast Charities is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity.
Salary Range: $55,000 ‐ $70,000
Benefits include: Dental Insurance, Simple IRA & a stipend for medical coverage
Click to download the full job description
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 3 p.m. September 15, 2020.