Day of Giving
Be Part of the Fun!
United Midcoast Charities Day of Giving is held every year in December.
Last year, over 70 businesses in Belfast, Camden, Rockland, Rockport and Thomaston agreed to either send in a straight donation or a percentage of their proceeds from shoppers on December 9th.
In exchange, UMC provided marketing support to include:
- 4 weeks print ads (½-page to full-page) in Courier Gazette, Camden Herald, and Republican Journal
- 5 weeks digital ads on Pen Bay Pilot and VillageSoup
- 5 weeks social media posts with biweekly boosting (50-miule radius)
- 7,300 Every-Door-Direct-Mail postcards mailed via USPS (6 zip codes; all zones)
- Earned media coverage (press release) in Courier Gazette, Camden Herald, and Republican Journal
- 3 weeks posting Pen Bay and Belfast Chamber “Friday Report” newsletters
- Storefront and In-Store point-of-purchase displays.
- Sponsor Acknowledgement in UMC’s quarterly newsletter.
- Post-event check presentation coverage via multiple participating business social media pages.