United Midcoast Charities is your “one-stop shop” for all of your charitable giving needs. It’s an easy and effective way to support the groups and issues you care about through a gift to a single organization.
By supporting UMC, you are supporting more than 50 nonprofit agencies in Knox and Waldo counties! 100 percent of UMC’s donations are applied to our Grants Program. UMC’s annual grants are funded through individual and private foundation contributions. Your donation will allow us to support nonprofits working locally in the areas of food, housing, health & safety, and economic security.
Through our secure online donation form, you may select a one-time gift or you may choose to give monthly!
There are many ways to make a gift to UMC!
Here are a few ideas:
- Donations via cash or check
- Donated Stock – Make a bigger impact by donating long-term appreciated securities, including stock, bonds, and mutual funds, directly to UMC. Compared with donating cash, or selling your appreciated securities and contributing the after-tax proceeds, you may be able to automatically increase your gift and your tax deduction.
- Employer-Matched Donations – Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Some provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift! Ask your employer today if they offer matching gifts!
- IRA Charitable Distributions – In December 2015, Congress passed a law allowing you to give up to $100,000 to charity directly from your individual retirement account (IRA) when you are over 70 1/2 years old without counting the distribution as taxable income. This type of charitable gift is called a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD).
- Make a gift through a charitable trust or annuity — Creating a charitable trust or annuity provides life income for yourself and/or others. With all or a portion of your gift eventually directed to UMC, you could receive a charitable deduction.
- Leave a Legacy in your Will – You may wish to consider including United Midcoast Charities in your will or living trust. In this way, a fixed amount, specific asset or percentage of your estate may be set aside as bequests and qualify for estate deductions and leave a lasting legacy in your name.
- Shop online at AmazonSmile – Start your amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com and select United Midcoast Charities as your beneficiary and we will receive a percentage directly from Amazon!
- Ask for gifts to UMC for your birthday or other special days – facebook fundraisers are great for this!
- Throw a Party for a good cause – Host a gathering and invite us to come talk about our work! It’s a great way to share an important cause with your friends and neighbors.