Give Once and Support Many
Philanthropy comes in many sizes, shapes and forms. Gifts of all sizes work together at UMC to have the most impact right here in our Midcoast communities.
With a long history of local grantmaking spanning more than three quarters of a century, your gift to UMC will support dozens of organizations and causes that matter to you. This past year, for example, UMC donors provided critical funding to more than 50 nonprofit organizations serving the basic needs of food, shelter, health & safety, and economic security, reaching more than 27,000 residents of Knox and Waldo counties.
And thanks to our endowment, 100% of all donations go directly to those in need, with no administrative fees.
During these trying times, there’s no better way to show your support for your friends and neighbors here in the Midcoast.
Giving is easy, too. The secure online donation form below allows you to select a one-time gift in any amount or you can choose to give a monthly donation. (You can also make a gift in honor of a friend or loved one by choosing “Yes” where our form indicates “This gift if a tribute.”) Regardless, we’ll send you a confirmation via email to assure you that your donation has been received.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING U.M.C. YOUR MIDCOAST PHILANTHROPY PARTNER!
How To Make Stock Donations
There are many ways to make a gift to UMC!
Here are a few ideas:
- Donations via cash or check
- Donated Stock – Make a bigger impact by donating long-term appreciated securities, including stock, bonds, and mutual funds, directly to UMC. Compared with donating cash, or selling your appreciated securities and contributing the after-tax proceeds, you may be able to automatically increase your gift and your tax deduction.
- Employer-Matched Donations – Many companies offer matching gift programs to encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations. Some provide matching funds to support employee volunteer hours. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar, and some will even double or triple the amount of your gift! Ask your employer today if they offer matching gifts!
- IRA Charitable Distributions – In December 2015, Congress passed a law allowing you to give up to $100,000 to charity directly from your individual retirement account (IRA) when you are over 70 1/2 years old without counting the distribution as taxable income. This type of charitable gift is called a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD).
- Make a gift through a charitable trust or annuity — Creating a charitable trust or annuity provides life income for yourself and/or others. With all or a portion of your gift eventually directed to UMC, you could receive a charitable deduction.
- Leave a Legacy in your Will – You may wish to consider including United Midcoast Charities in your will or living trust. In this way, a fixed amount, specific asset or percentage of your estate may be set aside as bequests and qualify for estate deductions and leave a lasting legacy in your name.
- Shop online at AmazonSmile – Start your amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com and select United Midcoast Charities as your beneficiary and we will receive a percentage directly from Amazon!
- Ask for gifts to UMC for your birthday or other special days – facebook fundraisers are great for this!
- Throw a Party for a good cause – Host a gathering and invite us to come talk about our work! It’s a great way to share an important cause with your friends and neighbors.